Bursaries of $1500 each are available in 2017
Up to four bursaries are available for students enrolled in Northumberland County secondary schools who intend to continue their post-secondary education in the performing arts, and other arts related programs. It is expected that students will start their post-secondary education in the Fall of 2017.
A decision on Awards will be made in the summer of 2017.
Applicants will be required to provide:
- The name of their school in Northumberland
- The College or University they are planning to attend
- References from two of their teachers – including one guidance counsellor
- Information on significant activities in their school and community
- A copy of your school transcript for courses completed and mid-term marks for the current year
- A short essay (about 250 words) describing your aspirations relating to your proposed course of study.
To apply, download the form, complete it, attach the required documents and send to:
Marie Dressler Foundation
P.O. Box 673, Stn. Main,
Cobourg, ON K9A 4R5
The application form is a pdf that can be completed on your computer or you can print it and enter the required information by hand. When completed, please send it with attachments as listed on the form, to the Marie Dressler Foundatiion at the address above.
The deadline for applications is May 31, 2017 and awards will be announced at the end of June.